How to send money to Tremendous from a non-U.S. bank account
Effective May 31, 2022, Tremendous can no longer accept international wires. Any international wires will be returned. Follow the instructions below instead.
To fund your Tremendous account from outside the U.S., use a money transfer service.
How money transfer services work
These services withdraw money from your account, convert it to U.S. dollars, and send funds to us using ACH (Automated Clearing House), the standard interbank transfer system.
We know Wise works, and their rates are low and predictable, so we recommend them. Here’s their advice on sending funds to the U.S. You may use any other service, so long as it can send to a U.S. bank account.
How to send money to Tremendous
- Create an invoice. This will tell us how much money to expect to receive. Also, the invoice will show you the unique bank account number for your Tremendous account. This number is different from where wires were sent. Please use the new number.
- Send funds to Tremendous. Using Wise or another transfer service, send money directly to us using the routing and account number on the invoice. Remember to account for any service or conversion fees from the transfer service.
- Wait. Compared to many other countries, the U.S. banking system is slow. ACH payments generally take one to two business days to complete.
- As soon as the funds arrive in your Tremendous account, they’ll be available for use. We’ll send an email to let you know.
Is there any other way to fund my account from outside the U.S.?
Tremendous also accepts funding by credit card for a flat 3% fee.
What happens if the money seems to be taking too long to show up?
- Double-check that you’ve entered the correct account and routing number.
- Make sure the transfer service has actually sent the money.
- Check for U.S. banking holidays.
- If it has still been more than two business days, reach out to email@example.com for investigation.